Work Environment and Culture
We are a rapidly growing company that provides innovative solutions to farm management. We’re passionate about transforming agriculture and our tech division is using innovative methods to help farms make better, more sustainable management decisions.
We want you to come to work, because you are passionate to challenge yourself intellectually and creatively, and enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of talented individuals. Our office environment aims to cultivate the unique talent of each member of the team, and we always treat each other with professionalism and respect.
Although we are passionate about our work, we also recognize the importance of keeping a healthy work/life balance and encourage both personal and professional development. The seasonal nature of our industry makes for busy times in the year but also allows for flexibility when the work is done.
Ready for a new challenge? Read on and Apply Today!
Reports to: Sr. HR Manager
Based out of: Home based Office - Calgary Area
Position Type: F/T Permanent
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
We are looking for an amazing Recruiter to join our growing team. This is a terrific opportunity with a progressive company, dedicated to providing growers with the tools and knowledge required to increase profitability of their farm business. We use a combination of industry expertise and cutting-edge technologies to help our clients make better decisions about precision Agronomics, variable rate technology, soil fertility, crop marketing, risk management, data management and carbon credits.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Recruiter is responsible to ‘own’ the recruiting process by finding and engaging potential candidates through various sources and driving forward the process to the point of on-boarding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and write job postings with the aid of the Sr. HR Manager
- Strategically source candidates and build a ‘talent pipeline’ for future potential hires
- Attend career fair events and other related networking events regularly as necessary
- Post job descriptions on career websites, social media and university boards
- Maintain strong relationships with all relevant post-secondary institutions to identify and funnel graduating talent into the pipeline
- Administer summer/intern work programs from a recruiting standpoint.
- Interact with hiring managers to gain feedback throughout the interview process to hone and refine requirements
- Effectively and efficiently evaluate and screen large numbers of resumes and cover letters
- Act as the first point of contact with candidates in a screening interview to advance the process
- Use various recruitment software and techniques to headhunt potential candidates for hard to fill roles
- Assist hiring managers with recruiting methods and interview questions
- Responsible for the complete recruitment process including but not limited to: scheduling, facilitating and participating in interviews
- Administer the back-ground check process and assist in reference-checking.
- Maintain a complete, thorough and well documented record of all interviews, new hires and related documentation
- Stay up-to- date with current recruiting methods
- Contribute new ideas to recruitment
- Support the Human Resources team for special projects as required
Knowledge and Skill
- 3-5+ years of experience recruiting various roles, (preferably in Agriculture), with hard-to-fill roles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and focus on customer service
- You understand that recruiting is selling, and you are an expert at selling your organization to candidates.
- Experience in headhunting and cold-calling candidates
- Your telephone skills and etiquette are also at an expert level.
- Aptitude for strategic problem solving
- You can think on your feet quickly and are always finding creative ways to solve an issue.
- Adaptability to rapidly changing demands, strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
- You can prioritize a strong workload with complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and can organize and communicate through the process successfully.
- Prior experience utilizing recruiting programs such as LinkedIn Recruiter and Jazz Resumator
- A very strong understanding of the recruitment process and best practices
- You pride yourself on conducting great interviews.
- Experience in managing a talent pipeline
- Outstanding English communication skills – both written and verbal
- High attention-to-detail.
- High level of initiative
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and professionalism
- Experience and discipline in working remotely and from home
- You have an existing home-office set up and are comfortable working remotely.
- Degree or Diploma in Business or a related field.
- Registered Recruitment Professional (RPR) designation considered a strong asset
- This position is mainly a remote position, however regular travel to our offices within the area will be required. Extended travel and living in temporary accommodations may be required infrequently
- Some overtime will be required depending on the season and the projects involved
- Ability to work flexible hours to conduct interviews outside of regular business hours