Work Environment and Culture
We are a rapidly growing company that provides innovative solutions to farm management. We’re passionate about transforming agriculture and our tech division is using innovative methods to help farms make better, more sustainable management decisions.
We want you to come to work, because you are passionate to challenge yourself intellectually and creatively, and enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of talented individuals. Our office environment aims to cultivate the unique talent of each member of the team, and we always treat each other with professionalism and respect.
Although we are passionate about our work, we also recognize the importance of keeping a healthy work/life balance and encourage both personal and professional development. The seasonal nature of our industry makes for busy times in the year but also allows for flexibility when the work is done.
Ready for a new challenge? Read on and Apply Today!
Reports to: Sales Manager
Based out of: Homebase Office - Preferably in Saskatoon, Winnipeg or Regina.
Position Type: F/T Permanent
Salary: Competitive Base Salary
We are looking for a Channel Account Manager to join our growing team. This is a terrific opportunity with a progressive company, dedicated to providing growers with the tools and knowledge required to increase profitability of their farm business. We use a combination of industry expertise and cutting-edge technologies to help our clients make better decisions about precision agronomics, variable rate technology, soil fertility, crop marketing, risk management, data management and carbon credits.
Primary Purpose of Position
To manage, maintain and grow the Decisive Farming channel partner network by effectively onboarding, nurturing and providing value for partners (grain elevators, ag-retailers, and equipment dealers etc).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and foster channel account relationships by driving growth through assigned and new partners, as well as cross selling and upselling channel partner programs.
- Routine travel to channel partner locations
- Nurturing relationships between the sales team and channel partners
- Lead the onboarding and coordinate training of channel partners.
- Sell and differentiate Optimize RX and related products, Know Risk, Croptivity, My Farm Manager and Sure Check to channel partners and their customers (in conjunction with the Territory Manager), expanding Decisive Farming’s existing territory throughout Western Canada:
- Grow business through existing partner base, lead generation, partner qualification and closing of sales;
- Up sell existing partner base with complementary products such as Optimize RX-S etc.
- Participate in Trainee programs by helping to coach and mentor sales team members as a part of team development.
- Participate in overall sales planning
- Create sales plan annually for Channel Partner business
- Create annual channel sales programming and incentives in conjunction with the Sales Manager
- Execution of the corporate sales plan with the Sales Manager
- Ensure channel partners and Decisive Farming marketing team have coordinated on channel marketing efforts
- Regular participation at trade-shows as required and seen beneficial to business growth
- Develop and execute promotional budget specifically for channel partners with the goal of creating a positive Decisive Farming image:
- Seek and participate in community and channel partner events that would be beneficial to the overall business plan
- Ensure My Farm Manager is up to date with all channel partner and customer information
- Daily usage of Salesforce CRM:
- Recording all sales information (sales calls, texts, voice mails, meetings, crops plans, etc.);
- Act upon tagged clients (sales leads, sales notifications, etc);
- Entry and management of opportunities in Sales Force
- Responsible to ensure client payment of services
- Handle channel partner complaints and solve any issues put forth
- Provide basic front-line technical assistance for channel partner customers (loading files, navigating proprietary software, etc.)
Project Based Duties:
- Cycle through all existing leads and accounts that have not had any recent activity.
- Averaging approximately 25 calls per day
- Source New sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls
- Data mine sales leads from Sales Force by running reports and analyzing data
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales Territory Manager for further development and sales closure
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
- Maintain and expand your data base of prospects
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- 3 – 5 years of territory or channel sales experience
- A degree or diploma is preferred but not a pre-requisite (Business Management, Marketing or Agriculture)
- A good understanding of agriculture with a practical understanding of farming is mandatory
- An understanding of ag-retail and equipment dealers is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and diagnostic skills, ability to undertake customer’s needs analyses on an ongoing basis
- Comfortable in performing both cold and warm calls and closing a sale
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft programs, previous experience with a CRM program an asset
- Excellent customer relations and negotiating skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast paced changing environment
- Willingness to continually expand knowledge base about products, packages and program
- Able to work in a highly mobile sales call environment
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate the seasonal nature of the industry
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract, prepared for considerable amount of driving (approximately 30%) to and from sales calls which may or may not include driving in treacherous weather conditions.