Work Environment and Culture
We are a rapidly growing company that provides innovative solutions to farm management. We’re passionate about transforming agriculture and our tech division is using innovative methods to help farms make better, more sustainable management decisions.
We want you to come to work, because you are passionate to challenge yourself intellectually and creatively, and enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of talented individuals. Our office environment aims to cultivate the unique talent of each member of the team, and we always treat each other with professionalism and respect.
Although we are passionate about our work, we also recognize the importance of keeping a healthy work/life balance and encourage both personal and professional development. The seasonal nature of our industry makes for busy times in the year but also allows for flexibility when the work is done.
Ready for a new challenge? Read on and Apply Today!
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Based out of: Calgary
Position Type: F/T Permanent
Decisive Farming is seeking a Business Analyst to actively participate in the design and implementation of new products and services, with support for clients and stakeholders throughout their lifecycle in the system.
This is a cross-functional position that requires coordination with various departments including the Sales, Operations, Product, and Software Development teams. It involves a wide range of activities including scoping requirements, writing detailed design documents, overseeing product development, and providing post-implementation support. Our ideal candidate is a team player with strong analytical and communication skills, and a desire to understand client needs and how software applications can be configured to accommodate various use cases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources in order to identify the expressed and unarticulated needs of clients and stakeholders, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up to general understandings;
- Scope project requirements and prepare detailed functional requirements for new and existing products including our My Farm Manager cloud-based business platform, Croptivity native apps, partner APIs, with the goal of creating exceptional end-user experiences and operational efficiencies for Decisive Farming staff.
- Collaborate with the Software Development team towards the successful implementation of custom features and change requests.
- Participate in driving projects to successful completion, by supporting development teams and end-users in achieving their goals. Collaborate with the QA team to test new features from an end-user’s perspective.
- Actively participate in the definition and prioritization of our product roadmap.
- Actively participate in shaping existing product development methodologies.
- Assist in conducting research on emerging concepts and technologies to support R&D efforts (e.g. geo-spatial, sensor data, IoT, predictive analytics, machine learning).
- Be passionate about developing in-depth knowledge of agriculture with the goal of becoming a leader in the integration of business, science and technological applications.
- Occasional travel, as required to meet with clients and stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skill
- Experience in Software Development is required
- 4+ years of experience in defining, documenting, and validating business requirements
- 2+ years of experience in Computer Science and data structures/models
- BSc. In Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills are required (written and verbal)
- Able to work under pressure, with conflicting priorities in a multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to take ownership for assigned tasks and projects, provide development estimates and milestones, and deliver on commitments.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts, facilitating stakeholder buy in.
- Experience implementing software for agricultural service company is an asset