Work Environment and Culture
We are a rapidly growing company that provides innovative solutions to farm management. We’re passionate about transforming agriculture and our tech division is using innovative methods to help farms make better, more sustainable management decisions.
We want you to come to work, because you are passionate to challenge yourself intellectually and creatively, and enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of talented individuals. Our office environment aims to cultivate the unique talent of each member of the team, and we always treat each other with professionalism and respect.
Although we are passionate about our work, we also recognize the importance of keeping a healthy work/life balance and encourage both personal and professional development. The seasonal nature of our industry makes for busy times in the year but also allows for flexibility when the work is done.
Ready for a new challenge? Read on and Apply Today!
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Based out of: Irricana, AB
Position Type: F/T Permanent
The GIS Operational Manager directly manages the GIS Production Team and assures operational coordination with other key departments to maximize efficient and timely delivery of services. The GIS Operational Manager participates in all assigned training, setting and meeting personal goals. They understand their role as a company ambassador and provides positive experiences to all customers, both internal/external.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the GIS Production Team
- Delegating work between team resources
- Following up to ensure quality, consistency and timeliness KPI’s and expectations are met
- Ensuring department and individual productivity is on par with company expectations
- Develop, coach and mentor team mates in a positive way
- Be the key point of contact for all GIS Production related questions and issues
- Spearhead initiatives to optimize performance and streamline operations
- Strategic planning of the GIS Production Team and allocation of resources
- Cultivate a performance oriented team culture
- Assure coordination of the Work Order and Operations process between other operational heads.
- Responsible for the successful completion of all work orders and related activities by direct management as well as coordination.
- Key Liaison Between Operations and Sales
- GIS, Sales, Customer Success, Soil Sampling
- Actively provide service information to customers in order to receive and process customer orders, or route inquiries to appropriate team member
- Record any customer communications in CRM.
- Actively develop service knowledge, agricultural trends, and seasonal selling cycles
- Capture and document new and existing processes and ensure adherence.
- Continually develop and help scope/implement new ways of making the department more efficient.
- For example: Liaison with current and future data providers.
- Understand the operational process and when required, support the process by assisting in onboarding, customer service, invoicing.
- Keeping the CRM up to date on all customer interactions.
- Supporting the Decisive Farming team environment by assisting other team members in their respective roles.
- Establish and maintain permanent files; file and retrieve files as requested.
- Managing the Invoicing Procedure in conjunction with Accounting.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill
- At least 5 years direct GIS experience
- At least 2-5 years of managing a team, preferably in Geomatics
- Degree or Diploma in Geomatics/GIS
- Proficient keyboarding skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Products (focus on Excel) as well as experience working with a CRM product
- Excellent interpersonal skills – telephone and in person
- Sales experience and basic accounting skills an asset
- Willingness to learn and increase product knowledge
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision