Agriculture Territory Manager (OUTSIDE SALES) - Peace Region AB
Are you a dynamic individual who loves outside sales and is a true performer? Then read on! We offer uncapped generous commissions and a very competitive base salary!
Work Environment and Culture
We are a rapidly growing company that provides innovative solutions to farm management. We’re passionate about transforming agriculture and our tech division is using innovative methods to help farms make better, more sustainable management decisions.
We want you to come to work, because you are passionate to challenge yourself intellectually and creatively, and enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of talented individuals. Our office environment aims to cultivate the unique talent of each member of the team, and we always treat each other with professionalism and respect.
Although we are passionate about our work, we also recognize the importance of keeping a healthy work/life balance and encourage both personal and professional development. The seasonal nature of our industry makes for busy times in the year but also allows for flexibility when the work is done.
Ready for a new challenge? Read on and Apply Today!
Reports to: Sales Manager
Based out of: Home Office - (Peace)
Position Type: F/T Permanent
Salary: Competitive Base Salary + Uncapped Incentive
We are looking for a sales professional to join our growing Business Development Team in Peace Region. This is a terrific opportunity with a progressive company, dedicated to providing growers with the tools and knowledge required to increase profitability of their farm business. We use a combination of industry expertise and cutting-edge technologies to help our clients make better decisions about precision agronomics, variable rate technology, soil fertility, crop marketing, risk management, data management and carbon credits.
Requirements for this position are a strong sales and relationship building background. This position would be based out of your home office and would entail flexible hours and travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell and differentiate Optimize RX and related products, Know Risk, Data Management and Sure Check to new and existing customers, expanding Decisive Farming’s existing territory throughout Western Canada:
- Grow business through existing customer base, lead generation, customer qualification and closing of sales;
- Up sell existing customer base with complementary products such as Optimize RX-S etc.
- Participate in Territory Assistant/Trainee programs by helping to coach and mentor junior sales staff as a part of team development.
- Participate in overall sales planning
- Create territory business plan annually
- Execution of the corporate sales plan with the Sales Manager
- Regular participation at trade-shows as required and seen beneficial to business growth
- Develop and execute promotional territory budget with the goal of creating a positive Decisive Farming image:
- Seek and participate in community and customer events that would be beneficial to the overall territory business plan
- Ensure all systems are continually updated with relevant customer information
- Daily usage of Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management Software):
- Recording all sales information (sales calls, meetings, crops plans, etc.);
- Act upon tagged clients (sales leads, sales notifications, etc);
- Entry of orders into SalesForce
- Responsible to ensure client payment of services
- Handle customer complaints and solve any issues put forth
- Provide basic front-line technical assistance for customers (loading files, navigating proprietary software, etc.)
- Help nurture and develop key channel partner accounts, driving growth through assigned and new partners.
Knowledge and Skill:
- 3 – 5 years of outside territory sales experience within the Agricultural Market.
- A degree or diploma is preferred but not a pre-requisite (Business Management, Marketing or Agriculture)
- A good understanding of agriculture with a practical understanding of farming
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and diagnostic skills, ability to undertake customer’s needs analyses on an ongoing basis
- Comfortable in performing both cold and warm calls and close a sale
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft programs, previous experience with a CRM program an asset
- Excellent customer relations and negotiating skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast paced changing environment
- Willingness to continually expand knowledge base about products, packages and programs
- Able to work in a highly mobile sales call environment
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate the seasonal nature of the industry
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract, prepared for considerable amount of driving to and from sales calls which may or may not include driving in treacherous weather conditions
An excellent benefits and remuneration package is available for the right candidate!
Preference will be given to those with a list/book of farming contacts or prospects in the area.